- Keep creating weird off-the-bed quilts;
- Don’t be spooked by all my unanswered e-mails;
- Write often in my blog so that readers don’t think I’ve vanished;
- Remember friends are real, not ghosts.
If you’ve never written Halloween resolutions before, neither have I. Since I’m not very good about keeping New Year’s resolutions, I decided to choose a different holiday. It’s also my way of – hopefully without embarrassment – getting around my procrastination.
I visualize procrastination as a cobra-like serpent (I hate snakes!) raising its head and peering intently at me. I also find that procrastination breeds more procrastination. If I put off things – like most of the items on my Halloween resolution list – it’s even harder to get back to them. For example:
- It’s much easier to create familiar than to plunge into something new, challenging and possibly weird.
- Unanswered e-mails should be scanned to see if they are still pertinent and, if so, answered without embarrassment. It’s also easiest to keep up with e-mails.
- You, my dear readers, would like to read my blog on a regular basis, even if I don’t have anything profound to share.
- Friends are real and they’re always there for you.
How to you handle procrastination? How do you handle plunging into something new? How do you keep up?
More thoughts soon. Happy Halloween, Melisse