I find myself spending more time in my studio during this “odd time.” I’m working on several new pieces that I will show you soon. But now I’d like to brag about an exhibit that my art quilt group has in San Diego. It started last year when the Visions Art Museum contacted our Fiber Optix group to see if we would be interested in having an exhibit. Visions is a prestigious gallery that biennially hosts one of the top fiber international juried exhibitions. Our group was delighted to participate.
We submitted digital photos of our quilts. They were juried; I had two accepted. Then in February everything changed. The museum closed. The two quilts I shipped were held in a FedEx office and eventually returned to me; they now hang in our hall.
The museum didn’t give up and decided to have a virtual exhibit. I invite you to explore it.
- Enter the Fiber Optix: Recent Works exhibition here.
- Scroll down, reading the information about our group.
- Under “Meet the Artists,” you’ll find me. Click on my name to see the “interview” the museum did with me. (Click on the mini version and you can actually read it.)
- Go back to the exhibit page and scroll down to the quilts. Mine are “Janet and Me” and “Influences.”
- Click on each quilt for details, plus my inspiration.
- Do the same for others from our talented group.
Thanks for coming to the opening. I’m sorry you missed out on the wine and nibbles… and that we missed out on a trip to San Diego. These ARE odd times. Keep safe and keep creating!